| Summary of Job: Property Manager of a class A commercial high rise building in the San Francisco Financial District. The Property Manager will initiate, negotiate, and close leases. The Property Manager will maintain contact with the leasing team to solicit leads for tenants for available spaces and will develop business contacts within the communities where the company owns property. Directly supervises project operations, capital expenditures and tenant improvements. The Property Manager will retain customer service with our tenants and those who work with BPG in maintaining the properties. |
Duties and Responsibilities: • Operates the property in professional manner to maintain a first-class image in the marketplace, thereby enhancing the project’s value and maximizing the Ownership’s return on investment.
• Together with the Property Controller, prepares annual operating and capital expenditures budgets, strategic property plans, maintains property proformas, prepares monthly reports to owner, including variance explanations, and reviews all financial operating statements for accuracy and adheres to budget.
• Oversees collection of income and management expenses. Ensures property insurance coverage’s are in place for tenants and contractors.
• Under direction of BPG Management, handles all matters arising from property damage and liability claims. Participates in legal proceedings as required and as directed by BPG Management.
• Directly supervises Engineering, Administrative, Janitorial and Security Staff where applicable. Selects trains and motivates on-site personnel, including safety training.
• Works closely with Building Engineers on all aspects of maintenance and preventive maintenance operations. Develops and oversees security and life safety programs and procedures, including any annual environmental audits. Collects vendor bids for building services, and discusses with BPG Management for final decision. Signs vendor contracts as agent for Ownership.
• Actively participates in developing and maintaining strong tenant relations, including a formal tenant relations program. Resolves tenant grievances. Assists BPG Management in leasing the building, including completion of Tenant Improvements.
• Prepares tenant’s move-in packages and coordinates tenant’s move-ins and move-outs. • Maintains contact with property leasing team in negotiation of new leases and renewals for existing tenants. Prepares all new lease documents and renewals, options and lease abstracts.
• Participates in local property management organizations and attends advanced property management education courses and seminars. Maintains California Real Estate license if applicable and participates in continuing real estate educational courses.
• Oversees tenant invoices/collections, tenant chargebacks for special services and codes and approves vendor payables; reconciles cash receipts on a monthly basis to the lock box report from bank.
• Prepare CAM billings for tenants, mail statements by the 25th of each month.
• Oversees Engineering payroll hours and attendance records.
Equipment, Tools, Skills and Abilities: IBM-PC; Excel, Word, Outlook, MRI, Kardin. Analytical, organizational and management skills required, which include a high level of ability in written and verbal communication and planning. Ability to establish schedules, meets deadlines, and maintains follow-up systems.
Supervision Required: Hands-on supervision, acting under the direction of the BPG Management.
Special Duties & Projects: As assigned by the BPG Management.
Additional Job Responsibilities: Manage multiple projects and meet deadlines in a timely manner. Present a professional image of the Company to the public and internally at all times.
Supervisory Responsibility: Supervise the Engineering staff, and Security staff if applicable, to ensure smooth operations. In coordination with Human Resources Manager, and BPG Management when appropriate, oversee hiring, disciplinary actions, annual performance reviews and terminations.